About Me

My Photo
Started the blog when I was a reluctant stay at home mum of two, now back at work and life is even more crazy! This blog is about combining work, home and everything else. I've two kids (aged five and three), youngest has Downs Syndrome, have one partner and no pets (the smelly goldfish went to the big bowl in the sky!)

Monday, 7 January 2013

All change!

Well, when I started the blog it was all about how I was a stay at home mum and how I was going to fill my children's lives with enriching experiences and, you know, stuff. Then real life and finances got in the way, and I got a job and went back to work. Looking back those months off with the boys were great; it was less stressful than 'proper' work, no Sunday night blues, I made some new friends and got to spend lots of time with my children.

The flip side? Days could be really long, being at home can be surprisingly expensive (those coffees mount up!) and I got to spend lots of time with my children!

So, I'm back at work (communications manager for a charity) and my days have got even busier! The school run (bleurg - I hate that expression) with two children being dropped and collected at different places, at different times, depending on which day it is can be fun (sometimes I have to stop and think, where am I supposed to be going), plus a whole array of parties, and swimming lessons and squirrels and playball and drama make the weeks and weekends fly by.

Anyway, new years resolution number six (behind date nights, going running, and various other worthy activities) is to start blogging again and trying to get some real people to read what I'm writing!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment